Sunday, October 18, 2009

"An errand is getting a tank of gas or picking up a carton of milk or something. It is not getting chased by flying purple pyromaniac gorillas hurling incendiary poo." - Harry Dresden; The Dresden Files

Yeah, this has been a long time coming. But that’s what I get for having a blog; The option to ignore it and attend to it on a whim. So what do you get today? Movie reviews!


First off the ramp is District 9. I got to say, its defiantly in the top 5 movies of the year for me. The main actor, Sharlto Copley, is a relative new comer. And wow, he did damn good job. The CGI was impressive, the story line was rather original in its scope, and the ending, while not depressing, is not what you would expect. I’m going to urge you to go rent it I’m giving it 4/5 stars.

And then we have Zombieland. Simply put, this show was awesome. And I mean Awesome! Usually I’m not a fan of the Horror/Scary/Blood and gore movies that like to come out around this time of year. Cause one, I don’t really get scared by them (there is a few exceptions like the Exorcism of Emily Rose), so what is the point in watching them? And 2, refer back to previous statement. But I liked Zombieland cause it didn’t even pretend to be, or even try, scary.

Zombieland, like most zombie movies out there, follows the similar zombie plot of everyone gets affected, there’s only a few stragglers left in the world and everyone seems to have a shotgun and be wielding a fire axe. And then all funny breaks loose. I really liked the humor in this movie. If you liked the movie Shaun of the Dead, I think you’ll like this one more. I certainly did. You don’t really need to see this in the movie theatre, cause there’s no special affects to really gawk at on a big, huge screen and there’s no big explosions to flatten your senses into submission over 100,000 watt speakers. So if money is an issue with you, at least try to rent it when it finally gets there. I give it 3.5/5 stars. Now to go see the movie “9” before it’s no longer playing in my small and humble valley.

And now my very great opinion is out of the way, if any of want to hear the voice of Smurfs blab on about a certain subject, just let me know. Cause I run out of subjects to blog about on a regular bases.

And remember to Stay Thirsty My Friends...

0 comments:

Post a Comment