Friday, August 13, 2010

"Why is it that if someone tells you that there are 1 billion stars in the universe you will believe it, but if someone tells you a wall has wet paint, you will have to touch it to be sure? " - Unknown

I got back today from staying a week up at Bear Lake with family today.  It was rather enjoyable experience I must say.  Family and all.  Plus it allowed me to experiment with something Ive been wanting to do for awhile.  To see if I could take some pictures of stars and have them turn out all right.
I must admit that, for a first try, the pictures turned out a lot better than I was expecting.  Nothing perfect (that would be a real far stretch of the imagination), but I surprised myself.  I think if I had thousands of dollars to throw at a hobby, I think I would really pickup Astrophotography.  I think it would be real fun to produce high level images of different celestial objects.  It sure isn't for everyone.  Theres a lot of sitting around on your thumb going on.  But I find it rather peaceful.  But thats just me.  Heres what I did on my first attempt.

0 comments:

Post a Comment