Wednesday, February 9, 2011

"So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All you have to decide is what to do with the time given to you." - Gandalf

Yep. Today was the annual celebration of the day I came crying into the world. Birthdays haven't really meant much the last few years. Nothing really happens. No family gatherings, no cake, and the occasional card. I must be getting old. Especially when conversations like having kidney stones, health insurance, and earning potential keep on cropping up. Most of the types of conversations can be contributed to my homies of my local Beard Group.
What is a Beard Group you ask? Well its a group of guys that I hang out with. And, well, we all have beards. And its great. We glorify the beard. With random websites like The Beardly.com. Yeah, the Beard Group is that awesome and kind of a big deal. At least I think so.
The group has changed over the last year or so. In its earliest conception, it was Poker Night, and there was the occasional woman. And it has slowly evolved into playing all types of board games soaked in an atmosphere of testosterone.

2 comments:

AJ Williams said...

I am such a lame sister!! It's not like I have 5 kids and just got home from Russia or anything, and I totally forgot to call you!! Happy birthday bearded brother!! You only have 1 more year you HAVE TO get married! Make it a fun one!! Love you, your favorite sis

bluefish said...

Happy birthday, my friend. May your beard experience many more.

Post a Comment